Pancake Day, also known as Shrove Tuesday, is the traditional feast day before the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday. Lent – the 40 days leading up to Easter – was traditionally a time of fasting, and Shrove Tuesday became the last chance to use up eggs and fats before embarking on this period of abstinence. Hence, pancakes are the perfect way to use up these ingredients!
At Grumpy Panda, we think every day should be as joyful as Pancake Day! Let's turn those frowns upside down with a simple yet delicious pancake that even the grumpiest panda would love!
Simple Pancake Recipe:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and oil until smooth.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour in just enough batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan, swirling it to get an even layer.
- Cook for about 1 minute until golden brown on the bottom, then flip it over to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings – from a classic lemon and sugar sprinkle to a dollop of chocolate sauce or a scoop of ice cream.
Embrace the joy of Pancake Day with a sprinkle of homemade warmth and a dash of sweetness! 🥞✨ We're curious though – how do you like your pancakes? Share your toppings and traditions with us! 🐼
Happy Pancake Day, everyone! Let's make it a 'batter' day!