Delightful Decaf Coffee
Delightful Decaf - Beans & Grounds 227g Bags
Our Rwandan Decaf Coffee is a blend of high-quality Arabica beans grown in the Nyamagabe district of Southern Rwanda at altitudes of 1700 to 2100 meters.
With a Rye bread, chocolatey, caramel flavour and a floral acidity aroma this medium-bodied coffee is smooth and silky.
Using a natural C02 method to remove caffeine this method involves using squashed carbon dioxide in water to attract, and then remove, the caffeine
from the green coffee. As this approach only uses CO2 and water – and charcoal as a filter – it’s completely chemical-free.
While they extract the caffeine, none of the proteins or carbohydrates get disturbed, leaving all those tasty flavours. Also, the by-products of the CO2 process are completely natural and recyclable, which is great news for the planet!
Coffee delivered to your door!
"Coffee is a hug in a mug."
Always store the coffee in a cool, dry, dark, place. Light and air cause the flavour and aroma to degrade.
Unopened bags may be stored in the freezer, this can extend the freshness. But opened bags must not be stored in the freezer as they will absorb moisture.
How to make a great cup of coffee:
- Boil the kettle and leave it to rest for a minute.
- Add a coffee scoop/16g/1 Tablespoon for every cup you would like to make.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir the coffee, pop the lid on and leave for roughly 4 minutes.
- Slowly push down the cafetiere filter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Aeropress (Upside down method):
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY AEROPRESS DUE TO THE BOTTOM BEING UNSTABLE. I PERSONALLY PREFER TO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY AEROPRESS. IF YOU DO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY BE CAREFUL! GRUMPY PANDA DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONISIBLITY FOR LOSS OF PRECIOUS COFFEE SHOULD IT TIP OVER!
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for a minute.
- Place filter paper in the cap and wet it, shake off excess water.
- Place the plunger facing up on the worktop and place the brewing chamber upside down on top of the plunger. Make sure the stopper rests in the middle of the #4 position.
- Using the scoop provided add the coffee.
- To be a perfectionist books recommend a brewing temperature of 195°F to 200°F (91°C to 93°C). Pour in the water and very carefully stir with the stirrer provided.
- Secure the filter cap on. Leave for 60-90 seconds..
- Holding both chambers together flip the Aeropress over and put it on top of your mug.
- Press down, slow and steady until the plunger is right down.
- Top up with water, add milk if required.
- Serve and enjoy!