Delectable Decaf Speciality Coffee
Delectable Decaf - Beans & Grounds
Introducing our 'Delectable Decaf', a standout in the world of decaffeinated coffee with an impressive cupping score of 85. This blend of Mexican and Colombian Arabica is grown at altitudes between 1200-1750 meters above sea level and harvested between October and April, chosen carefully for its high quality and exceptional taste.
The secret to its incredible taste lies in our mountain water process. This method of decaffeination removes caffeine without using chemicals, preserving the natural chocolatey and nutty flavours of the beans. It results in a decaf coffee that's smooth, flavourful, and perfect for any time of day.
Our Delectable Decaf presents a nutty taste with a hint of acidity, making it an excellent choice for coffee lovers who crave a rich and full-bodied coffee without the caffeine-induced jitters.
All our coffee is ethically sourced under the NKG Code of Conduct, and roasted by eye by an extremely talented, family-run roastery with over 39 years of experience. They use an open flame roaster with a cast iron perforated drum and gas flame holes in the centre, resulting in a more flavourful coffee with enhanced aroma and a richer, fuller feel in your mouth.
Treat yourself to our Delectable Decaf and savour the rich, satisfying flavours that only high-quality beans and expert roasting can provide. A cup of our decaf is more than just a coffee break - it's an indulgent experience.
Ethically Sourced under the NKG Code of Conduct. Roasted in Norfolk, UK.
Coffee delivered to your door!
"What time of coffee does a headless horseman drink?
Always store the coffee in a cool, dry, dark, place. Light and air cause the flavour and aroma to degrade.
Unopened bags may be stored in the freezer, this can extend the freshness. But opened bags must not be stored in the freezer as they will absorb moisture.
How to make a great cup of coffee:
- Boil the kettle and leave it to rest for a minute.
- Add a coffee scoop/16g/1 Tablespoon for every cup you would like to make.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir the coffee, pop the lid on and leave for roughly 4 minutes.
- Slowly push down the cafetiere filter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Aeropress (Upside down method):
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY AEROPRESS DUE TO THE BOTTOM BEING UNSTABLE. I PERSONALLY PREFER TO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY AEROPRESS. IF YOU DO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY BE CAREFUL! GRUMPY PANDA DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONISIBLITY FOR LOSS OF PRECIOUS COFFEE SHOULD IT TIP OVER!
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for a minute.
- Place filter paper in the cap and wet it, shake off excess water.
- Place the plunger facing up on the worktop and place the brewing chamber upside down on top of the plunger. Make sure the stopper rests in the middle of the #4 position.
- Using the scoop provided add the coffee.
- To be a perfectionist books recommend a brewing temperature of 195°F to 200°F (91°C to 93°C). Pour in the water and very carefully stir with the stirrer provided.
- Secure the filter cap on. Leave for 60-90 seconds..
- Holding both chambers together flip the Aeropress over and put it on top of your mug.
- Press down, slow and steady until the plunger is right down.
- Top up with water, add milk if required.
- Serve and enjoy!