Nakatomi - Hans Down The Best Coffee!
Ground & Beans
It's not Christmas until.... (It's not Christmas at all, but we love it, so it is here to stay!)
Inspired by the legendary Hans Gruber from the classic film Die Hard, this exceptional blend of coffees from Ethiopia, Brazil, and Vietnam is grown at altitudes ranging from 800-2000 meters above sea level.
Nakatomi is a medium to dark roasted, full-bodied, Italian-style coffee with a rich chocolatey, nutty, and roasty flavour that will make you want to shout, "Yippee ki-yay!" with every sip.
Perfect for Die Hard Coffee Fans and anyone who loves a good cup of coffee with a kick!
All our coffee is roasted by eye by an extremely talented, family-run roastery with over 39 years of experience. It is roasted in an "Open Flame" roaster with a cast iron perforated drum and gas flame holes in the center, which produces a more flavourful coffee and enhances the aroma, leaving a richer, fuller feel in your mouth.
Ethically Sourced under the NKG Code of Conduct. Roasted in Norfolk, UK.
Coffee delivered to your door!
Always store the coffee in a cool, dry, dark, place. Light and air cause the flavour and aroma to degrade.
Unopened bags may be stored in the freezer, this can extend the freshness. But opened bags must not be stored in the freezer as they will absorb moisture.
How to make a great cup of coffee:
- Boil the kettle and leave it to rest for a minute.
- Add a coffee scoop/16g/1 Tablespoon for every cup you would like to make.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir the coffee, pop the lid on and leave for roughly 4 minutes.
- Slowly push down the cafetiere filter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Aeropress (Upside down method):
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY AEROPRESS DUE TO THE BOTTOM BEING UNSTABLE. I PERSONALLY PREFER TO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY AEROPRESS. IF YOU DO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY BE CAREFUL! GRUMPY PANDA DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONISIBLITY FOR LOSS OF PRECIOUS COFFEE SHOULD IT TIP OVER!
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for a minute.
- Place filter paper in the cap and wet it, shake off excess water.
- Place the plunger facing up on the worktop and place the brewing chamber upside down on top of the plunger. Make sure the stopper rests in the middle of the #4 position.
- Using the scoop provided add the coffee.
- To be a perfectionist books recommend a brewing temperature of 195°F to 200°F (91°C to 93°C). Pour in the water and very carefully stir with the stirrer provided.
- Secure the filter cap on. Leave for 60-90 seconds..
- Holding both chambers together flip the Aeropress over and put it on top of your mug.
- Press down, slow and steady until the plunger is right down.
- Top up with water, add milk if required.
- Serve and enjoy!