Beans & Grounds
Embark on an enriching coffee odyssey with our Serious Black.
The journey begins with the globally esteemed Colombian Supremo Coffee, nurtured amidst the awe-inspiring landscapes of Colombia at elevations of 1,200 to 2,000 metres above sea level. These lofty heights, coupled with the region's temperate climate and nutrient-laden volcanic soil, contribute to the outstanding quality and rich flavour profile of our brew.
Our Serious Black offers a balanced and smooth palate; as you delve deeper into the brew, delightful notes of fruit, chocolate, and caramel unveil themselves. Whether you prefer your coffee ground or as whole beans, we've got you covered. Our coffee is tenderly roasted by a proficient, family-run roastery with an impressive legacy of over 39 years. Employing an 'Open Flame' roaster with a cast iron perforated drum and gas flame holes, the traditional roasting method amplifies the aroma, delivering a richer, fuller flavour in every cup, making each sip a mesmerising experience.
Ethically Sourced under the NKG Code of Conduct. Roasted in Norfolk, UK.
Coffee delivered to your door!
"Bring a cup of magic to your day"
Always store the coffee in a cool, dry, dark, place. Light and air cause the flavour and aroma to degrade.
Unopened bags may be stored in the freezer, this can extend the freshness. But opened bags must not be stored in the freezer as they will absorb moisture.
How to make a great cup of coffee:
- Boil the kettle and leave it to rest for a minute.
- Add a coffee scoop/16g/1 Tablespoon for every cup you would like to make.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir the coffee, pop the lid on and leave for roughly 4 minutes.
- Slowly push down the cafetiere filter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Aeropress (Upside down method):
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY AEROPRESS DUE TO THE BOTTOM BEING UNSTABLE. I PERSONALLY PREFER TO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY AEROPRESS. IF YOU DO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY BE CAREFUL! GRUMPY PANDA DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONISIBLITY FOR LOSS OF PRECIOUS COFFEE SHOULD IT TIP OVER!
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for a minute.
- Place filter paper in the cap and wet it, shake off excess water.
- Place the plunger facing up on the worktop and place the brewing chamber upside down on top of the plunger. Make sure the stopper rests in the middle of the #4 position.
- Using the scoop provided add the coffee.
- To be a perfectionist books recommend a brewing temperature of 195°F to 200°F (91°C to 93°C). Pour in the water and very carefully stir with the stirrer provided.
- Secure the filter cap on. Leave for 60-90 seconds..
- Holding both chambers together flip the Aeropress over and put it on top of your mug.
- Press down, slow and steady until the plunger is right down.
- Top up with water, add milk if required.
- Serve and enjoy!