The Hoity Toity
The Hoity Toity Coffee - Beans & Grounds in 500g & 227g
A Single Origin Arabica Congo Coffee, grown in the Kivu region at altitudes of 1450-1945 metres above sea level. Harvested between October and January
Full bodied, smooth coffee whose beans have been sun dried.
You can taste the rich minerals of the volcanic soils in the cup, a rich, spicy, earthy and full bodied coffee which has a velvety texture with notes of red fruits, cinnamon and chocolate. Expressive acidity and nice structure.
Perfect for when you're feeling that little bit posh, or when you have posh guests!
Grumpy Panda's personal favourite!
Ethically Sourced. Roasted in Norfolk, UK.
Coffee delivered to your door!
"Coffee before talkie."
Always store the coffee in a cool, dry, dark, place. Light and air cause the flavour and aroma to degrade.
Unopened bags may be stored in the freezer, this can extend the freshness. But opened bags must not be stored in the freezer as they will absorb moisture.
How to make a great cup of coffee:
- Boil the kettle and leave it to rest for a minute.
- Add a coffee scoop/16g/1 Tablespoon for every cup you would like to make.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir the coffee, pop the lid on and leave for roughly 4 minutes.
- Slowly push down the cafetiere filter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Aeropress (Upside down method):
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY AEROPRESS DUE TO THE BOTTOM BEING UNSTABLE. I PERSONALLY PREFER TO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY AEROPRESS. IF YOU DO MAKE COFFEE THIS WAY BE CAREFUL! GRUMPY PANDA DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONISIBLITY FOR LOSS OF PRECIOUS COFFEE SHOULD IT TIP OVER!
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for a minute.
- Place filter paper in the cap and wet it, shake off excess water.
- Place the plunger facing up on the worktop and place the brewing chamber upside down on top of the plunger. Make sure the stopper rests in the middle of the #4 position.
- Using the scoop provided add the coffee.
- To be a perfectionist books recommend a brewing temperature of 195°F to 200°F (91°C to 93°C). Pour in the water and very carefully stir with the stirrer provided.
- Secure the filter cap on. Leave for 60-90 seconds..
- Holding both chambers together flip the Aeropress over and put it on top of your mug.
- Press down, slow and steady until the plunger is right down.
- Top up with water, add milk if required.
- Serve and enjoy!